After a long day at work, all you want to do is shut the laptop off, dump the huge pile of paper work in the drawer and run home. Well pretty much all of us are in the same boat. You then wonder how the other colleagues have everything so well managed. Well it is simple; they are organised and time conscious.
There are a number of business storage experts in Mumbai out there that help you clean up your office documents. A relatively neat and orderly office space clears the way for higher productivity and less wasted time.
(Image source – Pexels)
We have compiled a few simple organization tips that will bring the best out of you!
Spare a few minutes every day to rearrange your workspace and keep it fresh and lively. You will later be happy with this small disciplined approach that will trickle down to your job too.
Great Tips to Organize Your Office Space
- One at a time – At a workplace, there are plenty of projects you’re involved in. This leads to clutter, less space and more panic. Make use of the shredder installed in the office. Look around. Sift through the old documents and shred them away. Sometimes a couple of decorations from last year’s party are still on your desk. Do away with it.
- Dissect the workspace – Congratulations on the new big office, now aim for organization and productivity. Have a mental picture of your office space. For eg: You’ll probably have a main desk, then a corner for the shelves and binders. Dedicate a space in your office with great ease.
- Label everything – Visit your local hardware store and you will get a label maker for cheap. Give all the important areas of your workspace a small label. For example: Label shelves, bins, baskets drawers. Not only will it remind you where things go, but it will also help others who may have a need to find, use, or put away anything in your workspace.
- Filing system – We have all moved to a digital world. So if one visits an office, you will see more desktops and laptops. Alternatively, if you do store older important business storage documents, by putting on a label, the next time you can find it in a jiffy. Make sure you are doing regular back-ups.
- Clear desk – This should be your first job. Just remove everything from your desk that doesn’t need to be there. Keep only the essentials or daily use. What you do with the rest of the things, well place them in their right places.
(Image source – Pexels)
6. Organize your table-top – Make use of food containers to place your things. It is a great way to save money, get things organised and two thumbs up on utilizing everything.
7.Organize your drawers – Put items used together in the same drawer space, sticky pads with notepads, etc. Use drawer organizers for little items – paper clips, tacks, etc. If you have read our previous office blog posts, we have covered a little bit of business storage in Mumbai tips for you.
8.Clear that tower of folders – So the process of organization has set in. Now it is up to you to follow it graciously and to the letter. If at a time there is a huge pile suddenly emerging, go through them and put it in the appropriate place.
9. Archive files and weekly filing – After you complete a project, remember to archive it in your file vault. This way you automatically increase the space on your desk. Another practice is to file weekly so you start with a fresh slate every Monday.
10. Others and more – There are other plenty tips you can find online. This mammoth task will pay off for sure. You will increase your work efficiency, manage time better and get rewarded that promotion at last.
(Image source: Pexels)